Saturday, April 25, 2015

Day 111 through Day 120

 Day 111 ( Tuesday, April 21 )
Printed all my labs and notes for the rest of the quarter and I felt so guilty printing it all in one shot. This college journey sure is expensive.




 Day 112 ( Wednesday, April 22 )
Someone complimented me on my lip gloss today. I think it looks pretty good on my mug too. The mug was more of a spontaneous buy back in March. 



 Day 113 ( Thursday, April 23 )
Got some froyo from yogurtland today and it took me a while to decide which flavors to choose. I ended up selecting plain tart, cookies n' cream and tangerine sorbet. It sounds like a weird combination but I like each individual flavor. Topped it all off with cheesecake, mango popping boba and mochi!

I was later told I looked like a turtle with no neck while sporting my infinity scarf. The weather has been slightly chilly recently so don't blame me for wearing one in the second half of April! (Wait, it's already almost the end of April. How in the world did that happen?!) 





 Day 114 ( Friday, April 24 )
I was looking down at the ground and passed by this number 35 written in chalk. Whoever wrote this had really nice handwriting; I mean, look at those curves ;) I think this number spoke to me because I was #35 back in elementary school... (or maybe I was #33) It made me sad to think back and realize there were so many students in one room with just one teacher. Teachers really do a lot for their students...


Day 115 ( Saturday, April 25 )
This photo is of terrible quality and I don't pass by this tunnel of yellow too often so unfortunately this was the only shot I was able to take. 
I used to hate on the color yellow but one day I realized it can be bright and happy like yellow canaries, rays of sunshine, big sunflowers and beautiful daffodils :) 


Day 116 ( Sunday, April 26 )
Took a spontaneous walk to the beach today after work then bought a well deserved cookies n' cream milkshake. I didn't think I would tan, but I later realized that my face and shoulders were a shade darker. At the beach, so many people took the ropes and flew to the sky today. I spot 8 paragliders in this one photo below. There were others behind me as well when I took this photo. Paragliding and hanggliding are on my impossible list, which means I should complete them one day while I'm still here in this beautiful location.

I used Google maps and I just realized I wound up walking 5 miles. (No wonder it took 4 hours.) Usually it only takes about 2 hours or so and my knees end up being a little tired, but today, I was trying something new. I'm trying to slow down. I am attempting to make a conscious effort to slow my pace of walking and my pace of life. I was able to walk and take a moment to pause and reflect and you know what? It felt pretty darn good. Why walk so fast when if you could, instead, slow down to enjoy the moment and arrive in the same destination only a few minutes later. Try it. Take a moment, slow down and think. 


Day 117 ( Monday, April 27 )
No photo :( Sorry about that. 

Day 118 ( Tuesday, April 28 )
Today there was a vigil that was held for the Nepal earthquake. 



Day 119 ( Wednesday, April 29 )
Beautiful sunrise around 6:20 am on my way to work. There wasn't much color, but it sure was bright, spreading rays across the field. 

I was inspired by the sunrise to wear a dress full of sunshine and put up my hair in a braid. I would say it was for "no special occasion". but every day is worth it. I believe that every day is a special day because it's another chance to be happy and to make someone else happy. 

My hair took around 10 minutes or so, although I expected it to take longer. After braiding, I just had to stick a bunch of bobby pins all over my head to make it stay. Then Voilà. Bobby pins are magical.




Day 120 ( Thursday, April 30 )
As I was preparing lunch for myself, I noticed these inspirational paper towels. The one below says "Gardening is a way of showing you believe in tomorrow" and "Friends are flowers in a life's garden". There was another one that said "Seeds of the day are the flowers of tomorrow".



Here is my product from lab. After evaporation, it was such a pretty color and looked like the plume of a phoenix feather. Absolutely gorgeous.




No comments:

Post a Comment